Saturday 8th of April 2023
Auditorium of the Palace of Fine Arts, Lille
Every year, the Video Mapping Festival offers a video mapping competition to reward the best productions of the year.
The video mapping selected during a pre-selection were presented to the public in the form of video recordings Saturday 8th of April 2023 in Lille, as part of the Video Mapping Festival #6.
A Jury composed of mapping professionals awarded the best productions during IBSIC’s closing ceremony in the evening.
Entre Fer et Mer
Yann Nguema, Anima Lux / France / 2022 / Monument mapping / 9 min 10
Showing: La Rochelle Train Station, France – From 18th to 22th of November 2022 (Centenary of the Train Station)
The mapping Entre Fer et Mer (Between Iron and Sea) was projected on the Train Station of La Rochelle in November 2022 for the anniversary of its centenary. The first part of the projection is inspired by travel, whether by rail, sea or air. The multiple ornaments scattered on both sides of the walls by the architects serve as inspiration for the projection. A discreet and unique feature of this station that will change scale to come to the forefront. Shells, crabs, fish, octopus, murals, etc. metamorphose the building in a monumental choreography. The wind, the waves and the currents will complete the paintings offering a resolutely marine dimension to the projections.
JURY SPECIAL MENTION
ARCAAN Collective / France / 2022 / Object video mapping / 6 min 38
Showing: Jean Jaurès Square, Saint-Étienne, France – From 8th to 12th of November 2022 (Pleiades Festival)
IMMERSIVE up/down uses shapes, stroboscopic sequences and abstract patterns to create a new sense of space and time inside the Kiosk with an upside-down mirror. The installation propels us into the heart of an abstract spatio-temporal space where a sequence of geometric forms is continuously reconfigured, in symbiosis with the sound score.
Video Mapping Awards pre-selection Jury:
• László Zsolt Bordos – artist (Hungary)
• Nika Perne – curator and producer (Slovenia)
• Philip Modest Schambelan – artist, ruestungsschmie.de (Germany)
• Martina Stella – multimedia artist (France, Italy)
• Hendrik Wendler – artistic director, Genius Loci Weimar (Germany)
Video Mapping Awards Jury:
• Philipp Geist – artist, Videogeist / Studio Philipp Geist (Germany)
• Jean-Baptiste Hardoin – creative director, Moment Factory (France)
• Birgit Lill-Schnabl – head of organisation and programme, KLANGLICHT – The Festival of Sound and Vision (Austria)
• Andrea Möller – director, Media Art Friesland / LUNA Festival (The Netherlands)
• Carole Purnelle – artist and curator, Ocubo (Portugal)
The prizes are designed by ruestungsschmie.de and 3D printed by Future Campus Ruhr.